Saturday, February 16, 2019

Amateur Sleuth Jaine Austen Is Perfect For TV And Movies

I've only seen Melissa McCarthy in movie trailers but I'm convinced she would be the perfect actress to play Jaine Austen, Laura Levine's hilarious amateur sleuth/freelance writer. Jaine Austen has appeared in several mystery novels along with her very independent cat, Prozac, and her campy gay next-door neighbor Lance.

Why this mystery series has not been turned into a television series or into feature films is itself a mystery.

I am a longtime fan of Laura Levine's, who was at one time a television comedy writer (Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman ;The Jeffersons, to name two). For a long time I've felt that the reason she is writing books instead of television scripts is because of ageism in Hollywood. But her comedic talent hasn't diminished because her books never fail to make me laugh. And if Jaine Austen came to the big or small screen, I believe she would be an instant hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment