Thursday, December 18, 2008

Request for Info About a 1909 Sodomy Case

For a long time I have been interested in writing about an obscure case that was briefly mentioned in "The Alyson Almanac."It is the story of two black men in 1909 Kentucky who were accused of sodomy. They were put on trial (Poindexter vs. Commonwealth of Kentucky) and later acquitted. Depending on how much information I can gather, it might make a book-length study every bit as fascinating as "The Scarlet Professor" and "Harvard's Secret Court." Both of those historical books were about anti-gay witchhunts and persecutions. They were hard for me to put down. I highly recommend them for fans of gay history. I would appreciate any information anyone can provide me regarding this case as well as any help directing me to persons with knowledge about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment