Friday, October 13, 2023

Book Discounts At Target

The super large Target store in East Harlem is scheduled to be closed permanently on October 21. It's one of nine stores across the country closing because of a high level of shoplifting that has eaten into Target's bottom line.

I'm saddened to see the store go because I enjoyed shopping there, mostly for groceries and the occasional book, which was always at a 20 or 30 percent discount, depending on whether it was a hardcover or paperback book.

To take advantage of the discounts while I'm able to, I recently bought two paperbacks during separate shopping trips--In the Likely Event by Rebecca Yarros (Montlake, 2023), a romance/adventure novel and Sparring Partners by John Grisham (Vintage, 2023), a collection of three legal thriller novellas.

I may decide to purchase one or two more books before the store shuts down for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment