Monday, June 29, 2015

Rescuing More Books Found On The Street

This past Saturday I found several books that someone threw out. They probably were moving and had to get rid of them. The books were in a pile at the curb on 113th Street near 8th Avenue. I couldn't take them all (I already have a lot of books in my apartment) and only took the ones for which I had a particular interest. The  books I took home were Black Athena: The Afroasiatic Roots of Classical Civilization: Volume 1: The Fabrication of Ancient Greece 1785-1985 by Martin Bernal (Rutgers University Press, 1987); The Best American Non-Required Reading 2003, edited by Dave Eggers (Houghton Mifflin, 2003); and Low Life: Lures and Snares of Old New York by Luc Sante (Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, paperback edition, 2003). Since I have an interest in New York history, the  latter book really caught my attention.

It's a good thing I rescued these books when I did because later there was heavy rainfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment