Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rick Bayless's Must-See Mexican Food Show

If like me you love Mexican food, then Rick Bayless's , "Mexico: One Plate at a Time," is a must-see TV show that blends history (social and culinary) and cuisine. I discovered the show on New York station WABC-TV's Live Well Channel. Before seeing the show, I had never heard of Rick Bayless. And now I've become a Bayless fan.
I'm looking forward to reading his cookbooks and trying out some of the recipes in my own kitchen.
One interesting aspect of the half-hour show is how each episode has Bayless alternating between Mexican locales and his home kitchen in Chicago.
The Mediabistro interview with Bayless (June 23, 2010) is a good introduction to anyone unfamiliar with him. However, I wish the interviewer, Blake Gernstetter, had asked him how he became interested in Mexican cuisine and whether or not he spoke fluent Spanish. http://www.mediabistro.com/articles/cache/a10919.asp?c=mbennf

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charles,

    Blake Gernstetter here -- just wanted to say thanks for blogging about my interview with Rick Bayless and let you know that your question has been answered re: Rick's interest in Mexican cuisine.

    http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/dinner/rick-bayless-interview

    ReplyDelete