Saturday, March 27, 2010

It Pays to Read Music CD Booklets

While browsing through the booklet enclosed with singer Michael Buble's CD, It's Time (Reprise Records), I came across a familiar name--Ira Nepus. He is one of three trombonists on track 7, "The More I See You," the hit song originally recorded by Chris Montez in the 60s. I'm sure it's the same Ira Nepus whose mother employed my mother to clean her Beverly Hills house every week. I'm also sure it's the same Ira Nepus who bought a Smokey Robinson and the Miracles LP as a Christmas present in 1966 and sent it to me via my mother. I still have the LP although I haven't heard it in years because my turntable no longer works.
If it is the same Ira Nepus--and I'm pretty sure it is--I would love to be in touch with him to discuss his musical career and to find out what other CDs he appears on. Who knew that one day he'd be a professional musician?

Note: His sister Ria was a writer for the sit-com Happy Days. I saw her name in the credits. I wonder if she's still in television.

No comments:

Post a Comment